What happened?
I go to school in Downtown Toronto - A place where I am surrounded by hundreds of people and constantly bombarded by societies expectations of me through advertisements, observation of others, and culture in general. The moment school started, I started comparing myself - my body, my fashion sense, how I look, etc. I became insecure and no longer wanted to invest much time or effort into myself because I know that I would never be able to achieve 'beauty' as defined by society.
Now (after pondering this during my commute home), I say screw it!
Screw societies expectations of me! I started working out to get healthy and to strengthen myself to be able to keep up with all that physical stuff that comes with everyday life (Like, walking up stairs. Talk about workout ... Phew!) and that is exactly what I am going to do!
I'm going to stop letting society depict the choices that I make for myself, whether it be about my body, the way I dress, how I look or how I think.
I would like to encourage you to make your own goals, whether it be for the gym, relationships, your health, school ... anything! It feels amazing to achieve any goal, big or small. I PROMISE. And remember ....You are beautiful, valued, loved, pretty, perfectly created, not alone and awesome.
Now, go achieve your goals, you can do it!
xoxo


No comments:
Post a Comment