At the moment, I currently have breakouts mostly surrounding my chin and my forehead. There are also multiple breakouts close to my hairline. My skin is red and my blemishes seem more pigmented than usual. I'm sad to see that my acne has returned, but I am relieved that none of them are major cystic pimples. Perhaps a couple are minor cystic pimples but it's not as bad as it was before.
I meet with my dermatologist on the 27th, so in about a week and a half time. Will definitely keep up more with my blog and if I need a second round of accutane, so be it. But I will for sure document my second journey through it.
As for now, to help my skin I am ...
(1) Avoiding sugary foods - I was recently on vacation and indulged in sugary foods. I had been able to do so while I was on accutane and shortly after I had finished, so it was not something out of the ordinary. As for now, I shall avoid it because I know that my skin reacts to it.
(2) Changing my bedsheets and pillows cases - I changed all my pillowcases and my blanket so that my skin has a clean surface to rest on during the night. I'm not so sure how effective this is, but it sure does make me feel better about where I'm placing my face.
(3) Drinking lots of water - It's summer, so you should be keeping your skin hydrated anyway. But I'm taking extra precaution to drink more water so it can help my skin.
(4) Not touching my face - During accutane and shortly after, I was touching my face nonstop. I was so excited that my face was nice and smooth. As for now, because of my breakouts, I'm keeping my hands off my face. Our hands have dirt and oily residue, no matter how clean we think our hands are, so it's best to avoid it when you're skin is acne prone.
(5) Stealing sleep whenever I can - It's a little hard to have my beauty sleep as I try to juggle school, life, preparing for my upcoming mission trip and keeping up with my recently adopted hobby, working out. Nevertheless, whenever I have an opportunity to take a nap or sleep in a little bit, I take it! I can use all the sleep I can get and so can my skin.
I hope all is well with all your beautiful faces and if you're currently on your accutane journey, hang in there! You're skin is going to look awesome (:
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment